My conceptual photo above seems to be too controversial for some Stock Photo Libraries. Apparently, real social and medical problems cannot be conceptualized in photos and submitted for inclusion in some libraries, EVEN THOUGH, a major problem like suicide is the 10th biggest cause of death in the US! Isn’t it important to disseminate information and perhaps, graphical representations of these problems, to bring some awareness… some SHOCK to make people aware? I think so.
Additional Facts About Suicide in the US
- The annual age-adjusted suicide rate is 12.93 per 100,000 individuals.
- Men die by suicide 3.5x more often than women.
- On average, there are 117 suicides per day.
- White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2014.
- Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides.
- The rate of suicide is highest in middle age — white men in particular.
Well, if I can’t add my photo to the Photo Libraries, then at least, I can publish it here.
● If you notice anyone you are close to showing signs of extreme depression, withdrawal, emotional pain, verbal cues about wanting to cause themselves harm, then don’t ignore it…believe me, some intervention is most necessary!