DEALING WITH BACKLOGGED ARTWORKS YET TO BE EXHIBITED
I constantly have new artworks…in the works.
Thus, I have many completed works that I have yet to exhibit here on my blog. That is soon to change: I just need to focus! Use the Force, Nawfal! LOL!
I think the main reason I am backlogged on the exhibition of my work here, is simply, because that is the final step in my process of working.
In simplified terms, my Work Process is thus:
- Planning / Cognitive Creation.
- Putting Ink to Paper.
- Completion of Work and Final Processes.
- Photographing the Work.
- Basic Editing of Photographs.
- Complex Editing of Photographs.
- Creation of Photographic Artwork.
- Uploading Art Photographs to My Art Gallery Sales Website, at http://nawfalnur.imagekind.com/ , and doing ALL the text detailing needed to prepare each photograph for sale.
- Composing Blog Posts at https://smokephotographist.wordpress.com/ to explain, exhibit, and market each new art photograph.
These are complex steps, and much of the time I get stuck at Step 4; and leave it to say, I am frustrated with this fact because I’m a Photographer! This should not be happening, but it does. Therefore, I complete a lot of works, and only then do I photograph these completed works, in batches.
- Therefore, Steps 1 thru 3 are easy for me, but Steps 4 thru 9 are done only occasionally.
- And thus, I need to work on photographing my artworks on a more regular schedule.
It is a Good Idea to Identify Where in Your Work Process You Have Problems
Steps 8 and 9 are also slow-going much of the time. Perhaps because Steps 8 and 9 are more like Administrative Tasks, and I find them not so fun, or maybe, too redundant. I have difficulty concentrating on repetitive tasks—I find repetitive tasks very boring.
All that I know for sure, is that I’m aware of where I get clogged-up in my work process. That is a good start. That being the case, I know where in my process I need to improve and streamline, or make it less redundant.
How BACKLOGGED Am I with Publishing and Exhibiting My Pen Artworks and Art Photography?
I think my Backlogged Artwork Period is from about 19 June 2017 until the Present. I didn’t count the number of artworks, but it is approximately 30 artworks, and probably 200 photographs.
1) Work more efficiently.
2) Avoid unproductive distractions.