ESTEE – Deluxe Pure Color EyeShadow. In my humble opinion: Makeup containers made of lots of different materials are probably some of the toughest subjects to photograph well – and by no means am I saying mine is perfect.
Here’s what makes this type of shot so tough:
1) Lots of Color. EyeShadow colors: The photo MUST match the real thing.
2) A mirrored subject.
3) A subject with Gold (or Silver) Reflective Surface.
4) A subject with translucent glass or plastic.
5) A subject where texture may be important.
6) To retain and “edge” to the glass or plastic when shooting against white seamless.
7) No dust, hair, scratches, deformed makeup or “oddities”.
The Photographer must look out for all of these characteristics & requirements.
1) One Systems Imaging, 600 Watt-Seconds Compact Flash with NO Attachments.
2) One 20 Watt Twister Light.
3) One 30 Watt Twister Light.
I kept part of the shadow to retain a little of the 3-D Feel, and made the background seamless.
It ended up with more of a “artsy / painterly” feel to it; and that’s OK, but I was actually intending to do a straight Product shot.
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to update you on what’s going on…I published my second 2007 Calendar today, it’s called: “Cosmetics Radiant 2007,” and you can see it by clicking on the title of this blog entry, or clicking on the photo above. If you like cool cosmetics images, then check it out. There is a preview at the sales page where you can see a couple pages from the calendar. Each month features one of my cosmetics photos, and I included a quotation from a well known photographer to accompany each of these images. According to reports I have received from customers regarding my first calendar, each photo is suitable for framing – the quality is VERY HIGH! I’ve chosen a 100% linen paper finish and the calendar is a very big, 13.75″ x 19.25″ (H) – it is the flip over type of calendar. Therefore, just a hint of what you can do further with my calendar (more bang for the buck, so to speak), you can take finished months photos off the calendar, matte them and then have them framed. For the price, that is a great deal! Hope you like it. Regards, Nawfal